So the great blog Top ten Films is having a blog-a-thon. The deal is, you have a magic ticket and you can hop into any film you want to grab a ride on. Once you have these choices available, how would you answer the following questions:
1. What character would I most like to be sat next to on a plane…
I know this is a bit of a cheat, but I’d like to sit next to George Sand on a glorious long plane ride. Judy Davis plays Ms Sand in one of my all time favourite flicks, and she’d be my ultimate choice for a long flight and plenty of whiskey flowing between us.
2. What character would I most want to enjoy a passionate romance with?
3. If I were a cop who would I want as my partner?
4. What animated feature would I love to walk around in?
Is there ANY other animation worth injecting yourself into?
5. What adventure based on earth would I most like to go on?
This may seem like a somewhat odd choice for a real life adventure i would like to have played out along side of them, but the role I LOVE here is Jimmy Stewart’s Rupert Cadell. The thought of being able to see through two young aesthetes and their delusions of grandeur appeals to me a GREAT DEAL! (sad but true)
6. What adventure based in an otherworldly, fantasy-based location would I most like to go on?
The Dream like world of the Hourglass sanitorium is a fantasy place I would love to stroll around in, movie back and forth through time. I would also like to visit Un Chien Andelou for the same reasons.
7. What movie gadget would I love to try out (or steal)?
8. What film’s plot would I alter and how would I do it?
Regarde Le Mere was a short film (by director Francois Ozon) I watched recently that I thought was about to tip into brilliance status until the last 5 minutes of the film. The choice of ending re-created the entire film for me and took what could have been an extremely fresh and exciting journey into female sexuality to a banal, antiquated hack of a film that simply re-stated something that hs already been trashed and labeled exploitation cinema. HUGE mistake to make her a serial killer. HUGE mistake.